DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle body

handleidingen, how to, DIY informatie

Re: DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle bod

Berichtdoor Nasty » di 22 jun 2010, 23:48

dave schreef:ik zou denken dat het negatief zou werken omdat je van een kleine ingang diameter naar een grote kamer gaat, waardoor je gassen 'vertragen' maar goed ze worden dan wel terug gepreseed bij de velocity en gasklep.

knap werk!

Als je van groot naar klein gaat krijg je meer een vacuum effect, dan gaat hij harder lucht trekken. En als de flow dan perfect in orde is, zie ik dit als een topper
2007 Honda Accord Executive

Afbeelding
Nasty
HCB Veteraan

my honda: CL7
Advertenties:

• Re: DIY : How to increase airflow to your stock throttle bod

Berichtdoor FOX » wo 23 jun 2010, 18:15

dennisc schreef:Fox bedoelt D16a9 denk ik zo.

Alvast zeer knap opzoekwerk verricht en een mooie uitvoering!

just ;-)
    FOX
    Dax rookie

my honda: CRX
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor FOX » wo 23 jun 2010, 18:19

HondaNickx schreef:Binnenkort zijn er testen gedaan op een flowbank met en zonder inlaat buis .Er is al iemand in de states die het getest heeft op zijn D15b7 en volgens hem is er vanaf 4500rpm een voelbaar verschil t.o.v zijn Aem short ram .Magoe voorlopig ist nog afwachten ... ;)
    @ Fox dit kan overal op toegepast worden ,tis alleen nog wat zoeken en testen nu .

ach ja... tis wel veel werk moet ik zeggen, ben is benieuwd naar het verschil bij u?
    sjik bezig ;-)
    FOX
    Dax rookie

my honda: CRX
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor HondaNickx » do 08 jul 2010, 23:16

In de states heeft 'Glenniz' nog wat werk verricht
    Glenniz schreef:OK Guys,

It's been a year and a half since some of us members got together and decided to go with Nick's idea of making a TBRIA (throttle body radius inlet adapter).

The problem we had was trying to come up with an intake and coupler that would work with the TBRIA. I came up with an idea about eight months ago but because of school I had not been able to complete the project. Until now.

Here are some pics along with a short description of how the process worked out.

Back in this thread I had photos of how I made the plug that would eventually lead to the mold. The pics here start with making the mold.

Afbeelding

Apply two coats of resin allowing to dry two hours in between coats.
    Afbeelding

Apply six to eight layers of fiberglass 2oz. cloth using resin in between layers of cloth.
    Afbeelding

After letting the fiberglass cure for twenty four hours, remove the plug and start the same process to the other side.
    Afbeelding

When the second side has cured for twenty four hours, remove the plug and begin separating.
    Afbeelding

Trim away all the excess fiberglass and you now have a nice clean mold to work with.
    Afbeelding

After applying basically the same process as before, only now to the inside of the mold, you come out with an intake that is in rough form.
    Afbeelding

After a little trimming, sanding, primer and painting, you come out with something that looks like this.
    Afbeelding

Here is everything ready to be installed when I get around to installing the head that I ported. Should be very soon now!
    Afbeelding

Here are a couple of pictures of everything mocked up.
    Afbeelding

And of course, I haven't even installed the intake yet and I am already starting a new and improved version that will be able to be installed as a Cold Air Intake as well as a Short Ram Intake.
    Afbeelding

Glenniz schreef:Yeah Baby!!!!

Today was the trial run for the TBRIA and TBRIA Custom Intake. Basically I wanted to make sure of fitment so that the intake can be used on all 92-95 Civics, 2DR, 3DR and 4dr in either SRI or CAI design. With a little tweaking here and there I think we will be in business. I'll should have one of the intakes in Beave's hands over the next week, so I'll make him my 3DR Guinea Pig.

Bottom line is, The TBRIA was installed with nothing else changed on the motor. No change in fuel pressure, my ecu is not chipped so there are no changes there and I'm still using the oem 240cc injectors.

At low rpm's i notice a slight difference, but a 4200 rpm's it starts pulling and pulling and pulling, all the way to about 7000 rpm's. I didn't take it beyond that because I hit the rev limiter right after that.

All I can say is that it works very, very well, and with the addition of the ported Z6 intake, the RDX injectors and my ecu chipped, this little fuc%er should pull very hard. Some time in July I should have it on the dyno so I can do some comparative pulls. That's when we will know for sure. I will also post pic's of it in CAI design as well as when I paint it.

Thank You Nick for getting all of this started!!! You are the MAN!!!!

Afbeelding

Glenniz schreef:Well Guys,

After more than a year of talking about it, it's finally here. The CAI for the TBRIA is done! I couldn't be more happy with the way it came out.

Here are a few pics of the final version.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

De eerste testen blijken dus wel positief te zijn ,ik krijg straks nog een kopie van deze intake van Glenniz opgestuurd.Zo kan ik de gasklep ook al eens testen op men huidige z6 intake manifold.En dan ga ik ook proberen om ff eens op de testbank te gaan.Voor men Edelbrock intake manifold heb ik men custom aluminium inlaat buis die ik tegen dan zal afwerken.
    HondaNickx
    H23 Poster

my honda: Civic EJ9
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor HondaNickx » do 08 jul 2010, 23:25

Als Add on een klein discussie met Bisimoto op Facebook over velocity stacks 8-) .

Me
    'Just a thought here ... 2 velocity stacks on those 90 degree intake pipes ? (Talking about the Bisimoto honda insight)'

Mr. Ezerioha
    Think about it why would velocity stacks work in steady state when the vehicle is at rest, but hurt flow when travelling (racing) in a fluid?

Me
    I would think the velocity stack does the accellerating of air by itself (shape). But under pressure (ram air) it produces turbulence ?But i'm having a feeling you're talking about air in a different way then i can understand.Let me know if i'm in the right direction or not ,love to learn more about this...

Mr. Ezerioha
    Yes, you are. Think of the tangents formed by the airstream when it hits the velocity stack "lips" when travelling in the path of high velocity fluid.

Me
    Ahh ok i see.If we are using an enclosed velocity stack ( in front of the throttle body as a part of the intake) could we solve this kind of problem if we designed the velocity stack right ?A half radius that starts from the sidewalls to the throttle body's inner diameter for example? Or is there still turbulence formed?

Mr. Ezerioha
    How about an enclosure/atmosphere that is pressurized, and contains individual inlet stacks, and that enclosure is fed by feed(s) that travel in a high velocity stream, with an apature that doesn not have a radius lip...or one of very small "lip area"

Me
    Aka Tubocharged itb's....You're right i didn't even think about it in that way.Thx for the lesson so far ! :-)

Mr. Ezerioha
    Yes, Nick, and can work well with a pressurized intake via ram air.

En nog een interessant artikel over Velocity stacks /bellmouths door Blair
    http://www.profblairandassociates.co.../Bellmouth.zip
    HondaNickx
    H23 Poster

Advertenties:

Berichtdoor FlushApproved » do 22 jul 2010, 20:25

maw, als er een mogelijkheid zou zijn om velocity stacks in je inlaatcollector te kunnen verwerken(per cil.), en dit in samenwerking met ram air zou je nog best goede resultaten kunnen verwachten.(met een goede gasklepdiameter etc).

zou anders wel ideaal zijn voor onze belgische keuring :lol:
    FlushApproved
    B16 Poster

my honda: ek
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor HondaNickx » do 22 jul 2010, 21:11

FlushApproved schreef:maw, als er een mogelijkheid zou zijn om velocity stacks in je inlaatcollector te kunnen verwerken(per cil.), en dit in samenwerking met ram air zou je nog best goede resultaten kunnen verwachten.(met een goede gasklepdiameter etc).

zou anders wel ideaal zijn voor onze belgische keuring :lol:

Die bestaan al hoor maar dat zijn dan custom made inlaatspruitstukken.
    Jun maakt er zo al bv voor de b series.
    Doorsnede van zo'n JUN intake manifold
    Afbeelding

Als die intake manifolds geport worden aan de binnenkant dan proberen zo ook de vorm van een velocity stack te maken.
    HondaNickx
    H23 Poster

Advertenties:

Berichtdoor FlushApproved » do 22 jul 2010, 21:15

maar is minder effectief wrs als die van jun dan...
    FlushApproved
    B16 Poster

my honda: ek
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor B series driver » ma 07 feb 2011, 12:48

ziet er zeer goed uit vind ik :) heeft iemand hier al ervaring mee op b serie motoren?? ;)
    turbo= in car entertainment for streetracers
    B series driver
    K20 Poster

my honda: honda cbr125
    Advertenties:

Vorige

Keer terug naar How To