How-to install an Integra Maplight in your 92-95 Civic

handleidingen, how to, DIY informatie

How-to install an Integra Maplight in your 92-95 Civic

Berichtdoor Nasty » zo 28 maart 2010, 20:52

Ok. So, I will say that the integra maplight install is one of the coolest and easiest things I have done yet.
First things first. Make the hole in your headliner for the maplight.
I took a piece of cardboard and traced the diameter of the back of the maplight with a marker then cut it out with a razor knife. Obviously, you dont want to trace the front of the maplight because its the back part that fits into the headliner.

Afbeelding

After you have your cardboard template made, you can decide where to cut.
Honestly, its preference on where you want it to be, but take your time and measure so that it turns out straight and even no matter how much forward or back you decide to put it in the headliner.

Afbeelding

Remember that its probably best to cut too small of a hole. You can always make it bigger.
Test fit the maplight a few times. It should fit really snug!

Time to run some wires. You will need 2 different wires. One for your constant power and one for your ground since the maplight grounds itself to the roof support in the Integra. But, in a hatch that won't work. Now, you could drop the headliner, cut your hole, and run your wires down the A-piller and into the fusebox or something, but really thats more work than is necessary and it isn't half as clean. So I decided to splice into the dome light's circuit. You'll use alot less wire and its way easier to know what you are tapping into.

Afbeelding

For those of you who don't know how to take the domelight apart, you just pop the plastic cover off and take out the one screw holding it to the roof.

Afbeelding

Now that you have 2 open holes in your headliner to pass wire through,
find a coat-hanger (a wire one, stupid! Not plastic! haha). Straighten it out.
This is what you will use to pass the wires through the hole you made, under the headliner and to the hole where the domelight goes.

Afbeelding

Pass the 2 lengths of wire (make sure you pass through more than enough) through the maplight hole to the domelight hole.

Afbeelding

Untape the wires from the hanger and pull the hanger out.

Now, time to wire this bitch up!
On the domelight, you have one wire going to it. Thats your constant power. Its like a white w/ red striped wire. And it gounds itself to the car by that one screw that holds the domelight to the roof.
You need to splice one of the wires you ran into the domelights constant power. You can see my finger on the wire you need to splice into.

Afbeelding

Next, you need to put a connector, that will go onto the grounding screw, on the other wire you ran. Make sure it fit onto that screw good.
Sorry the picture is blurry.

Afbeelding

Now, put your domelight back together.

You are almost done!
Hopefully, when you pulled the maplight out whatever Integra you did, you were smart enought to cut out the plug too. If not, no big deal.

Afbeelding

As you can see, you need to connect the wire that you spliced into the domelight's constant power, to the plug on the maplight. The ground wire you ran needs to be split so you can ground both both lights in the maplight.
Use some small connectors to fit into the female-ended spades where the maplight grounds.
Now it should light up both lights on the maplight.

Afbeelding
2007 Honda Accord Executive

Afbeelding
Nasty
HCB Veteraan

my honda: CL7
Advertenties:

• Keer terug naar How To