EJ9 kenners gezocht!

Enkel specifieke vragen over dit model!

Re: EJ9 kenners gezocht!

Berichtdoor Matthijs » di 11 mei 2010, 23:25

Er bestaan replica's van die facelift bumpers geloof ik en die passen op de pre-facelift.
Al raadt ik polyester af moest dit het geval zyn ;)

Grtz!
Afbeelding
Matthijs
H22 Poster

my honda: EJ9, EK4
Advertenties:

• Re: EJ9 kenners gezocht!

Berichtdoor Leplatje » wo 12 mei 2010, 04:49

Ivm die ITR achterbank, die past gewoon hoor in een ej9 zonder dat je moet beginnen aanpassen. Zat bij mij een ITR achterbank en die paste gewoon, zit je enkel met een spatie tussen het zitgedeelte en de rugleuning. Die spatie valt niet heel erg op eigenlijk, tenzij zoals bij mijn Civic dan de bodem meegespoten is in een lichte carrosseriekleur. Dan valt het wel wat meer op.

Als je die spatie niet wil, dan moet je gewoon eigenlijk de stof rondom je rugleuning afnemen en over je originele rugleuning monteren. Hier bestaat een topic over met uitleg hoe je dit doet op Honda-Tech, ik kijk nog even of ik die terugvind.

En mocht je interesse hebben, ik heb nog een zeer nette ITR achterbank te koop voor een prijsje ;)
    Leplatje
    HCB Veteraan

my honda: Civic
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Leplatje » wo 12 mei 2010, 05:33

Not to long ago I bought some minty rear JDM DC2 Type R seats locally after reading so many posts about how these seats bolt up without any modification into a 96-00 hatchback. So after looking at the seats for about 2 days I notice they aren't so much alike after all. I was starting to wonder how they were going to bolt up if they don't even have these same bolt patterns! For those of you out there that always wonder how much of a bolt-on process DC2 ITR rear seats are into a EK hatchback, let me tell you, you can't just slap these on without a bit of modification to the backrests, at least not my ITR seats. They look the same, but they are not. So after wondering how I was going to get these seats in my car, I decided I was going to have to swap out the metal frames. All your basically doing is removing the fabric and foam from the ITR seat and placing it over your stock metal frame.

The 2 door ITR bottom cushion fits, but has giants gaps on the left and right side and between the backrests and the cushion itself. Its best to source out the bottom cushion from a DB8 sedan ITR, since the cushion pretty much fits better. If someone has already posted up a how-to like this then a big oops to me for wasting my time on this. So lets start already.

First lets compare the stock hatchback backrests to the ITR backrests. They are basically the same size and shape, except the ITR backrest has a little hump up top for a bit of a headrest.

Afbeelding

The backs look almost identical as well.

Afbeelding

Upon closer examination (I've always wanted to say that) you notice the inner part of the driver side hatchback frame has a rod sticking out and the ITR has a hole.

Afbeelding

The outside of the driver side hatchback frame has two threaded holes for the bracket that holds it onto the car, while the ITR frame has a rod. Same thing with the outside of the passenger side ITR frame. It has a rod while the passenger side hatchback frame has two holes to bolt the bracket to.

Afbeelding

Now I started to dismantle the backrest.

Here is a list of what I used:
    Wire Cutters (or a ninja sword, whatever your more skilled with)
    Philips Screwdriver
    Flathead Screwdriver
    34 thin 4" Zip-Ties (17 per side)

First you can remove the screw on the side with a philips screwdriver. Remove the plastic piece. It pops right off.

Afbeelding

You can remove this knob now if you want to. It twists off counter clock-wise after about 20 turns.

Afbeelding

Now comes the dangerous part! Get your wire cutters (or your trusting ninja sword) and cut off all of the metal rings on the back side. I counted 17 per side. They are pretty simple to get to, but after cutting them off all 4 seats at once, my hand was sore.

Afbeelding

Once you get all of the rings off you can start to separate the foam from the metal frame slowly. BE VERY CAREFUL, the frame edges are very sharp. I cut myself a couple of times. You can't remove the foam yet since you still have to take off the tricky plastic grommet where the knob was up top. No need to remove the fabric from the foam. Just leave it all together.

Ahh my favorite part (note my sarcasm). The plastic piece on the top of the backrest is a bit of a pain to get to and remove, but with a bit of patience and screaming, you can get it out. Be very careful here with the sharp frame edges again. I squeezed my hand in and pressed the parts inward and up to get it out. I also jammed a flat head in there to help. Eventually with enough pushing, twisting, and pulling, I go it out.

Afbeelding

Once you remove the plastic piece up top, remove all of the foam from the frame and your ready to move along.

Again, I compared the ITR frame to the hatchback frame and I just don't see how this was going to easily fit into my hatch without swapping the frames. ITR frame on the front, hatchback frame in the back

Afbeelding

Now all you have to do is repeat this process 3 more times!!! Use the same procedure in order to remove the foam and fabric from your ITR seats so you can slap them on to your OEM hatchback frames. Don't separate the fabric from the foam.

Afbeelding

Take your ITR foam and fabric and start to place the civic hatchback frame into it. Just take your time. It is very easy at this point. Do the same for the other backrest. Now you should have your ITR backrests go to go for the Zip Tie process.

Afbeelding

At this point you can either take it to an upholstery shop to get new hog rings installed, or you can go the simple route and just tie the seats back together with some quality zip-ties like I did. Just slip them all into the same areas where the original rings were and tighten them down just enough to hold it all together.

Once your done, pat your self on the back and take a nap. After you wake up take the time to check out your awesome ITR seats that can NOW officially bolt in like stock OEM hatchback seats.

I don't have a pic of my seats installed just yet, so I borrowed one from the net. Hopefully I don't get sued. Here is a pic I found with the DC2 ITR seats with the DB8 ITR bottom cushion installed in a EG.

Afbeelding

Hopes this helps someone. I learned the hard way, but it was fun.

*Disclaimer: Don't hold me accountable for any damage you do to your seats. If you tear or rip up your stuff, thats your own fault. Do this mod at your own risk, Have a nice day!
    Leplatje
    HCB Veteraan

Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Jersey » wo 12 mei 2010, 16:11

Matthijs schreef:Er bestaan replica's van die facelift bumpers geloof ik en die passen op de pre-facelift.
    Al raadt ik polyester af moest dit het geval zyn ;)

Grtz!

Ja, dit wist ik al ;) Maar heb liever ook geen Polyester, ik volg carrosserie en ik weet wat het is, haha :lol:
    Jersey
    B20 Poster

my honda: Geen
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Jersey » wo 12 mei 2010, 16:37

Leplatje schreef:Ivm die ITR achterbank, die past gewoon hoor in een ej9 zonder dat je moet beginnen aanpassen. Zat bij mij een ITR achterbank en die paste gewoon, zit je enkel met een spatie tussen het zitgedeelte en de rugleuning. Die spatie valt niet heel erg op eigenlijk, tenzij zoals bij mijn Civic dan de bodem meegespoten is in een lichte carrosseriekleur. Dan valt het wel wat meer op.

Als je die spatie niet wil, dan moet je gewoon eigenlijk de stof rondom je rugleuning afnemen en over je originele rugleuning monteren. Hier bestaat een topic over met uitleg hoe je dit doet op Honda-Tech, ik kijk nog even of ik die terugvind.

En mocht je interesse hebben, ik heb nog een zeer nette ITR achterbank te koop voor een prijsje ;)

Dankje, hier heb ik veel aan :)
    Is die achterbank dan met, of zonder spatie tussen die rugleuning? Grtz
    Jersey
    B20 Poster

Advertenties:

Berichtdoor unleashed civic » wo 12 mei 2010, 18:06

Even vraagje over facelift op een pre-facelift.

Passen de onderdelen van een HB op een coupé?
    Dus de onderdelen om de neus van de coupe naar facelift te swappen.

Thx
    My Civic Coupé build
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car,
    then win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
    Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!
    unleashed civic
    HCB Veteraan

my honda: EJ6
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Tchom » wo 12 mei 2010, 18:38

Qua front is de coupé hetzelfde als de hatch.
    HONDA, MY POWER OF DREAMS!!
    Afbeelding
    Tchom
    H22 Poster

my honda: Civic EJ9 EE9
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor unleashed civic » wo 12 mei 2010, 19:28

Tchom schreef:Qua front is de coupé hetzelfde als de hatch.

Dat dacht ik wel, maar ik twijfelde omdat ik op een verkoop site zag staan: "motorkap 99-00 3d/4d"
    My Civic Coupé build
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car,
    then win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
    Your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!
    unleashed civic
    HCB Veteraan

my honda: EJ6
    Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Leplatje » vr 14 mei 2010, 04:51

civicej9 schreef:
    Leplatje schreef:Ivm die ITR achterbank, die past gewoon hoor in een ej9 zonder dat je moet beginnen aanpassen. Zat bij mij een ITR achterbank en die paste gewoon, zit je enkel met een spatie tussen het zitgedeelte en de rugleuning. Die spatie valt niet heel erg op eigenlijk, tenzij zoals bij mijn Civic dan de bodem meegespoten is in een lichte carrosseriekleur. Dan valt het wel wat meer op.

Die achterbank is nog altijd de originele achterbank van een Integra, dus in een EJ9/EK zal die nog de spatie hebben. Om die perfect te laten passen zoals op de laatste foto in die "how to" moet je de bovenstaande stappen volgen. Als je een beetje handig bent zou dit wel moeten lukken ;) Ik rij nu gewoon zonder achterbank rond, anders had ik zelf wel de ITR stof over mijn originele achterbank getrokken.
    Leplatje
    HCB Veteraan

Advertenties:

Berichtdoor Jersey » vr 14 mei 2010, 08:44

Leplatje schreef:
    civicej9 schreef:

Die achterbank is nog altijd de originele achterbank van een Integra, dus in een EJ9/EK zal die nog de spatie hebben. Om die perfect te laten passen zoals op de laatste foto in die "how to" moet je de bovenstaande stappen volgen. Als je een beetje handig bent zou dit wel moeten lukken ;) Ik rij nu gewoon zonder achterbank rond, anders had ik zelf wel de ITR stof over mijn originele achterbank getrokken.

Hoeveel zou je hiervoor vragen dan?

Grtz
    Jersey
    B20 Poster

Advertenties:

Vorige

Keer terug naar civic